Overhaul boom hinge point and locking pieces MAN crane
For European Bulk Services, Nedcranes overhauled the hinge point between the girder and the boom of a MAN grabunloader. At the same time, the locking pieces of the rails have been replaced.
NEDCRANES takes care of:
- Performing inspections and inspections;
- Performing electrical, hydraulic and mechanical repair work;
- Modernizing outdated drives and safety equipment;
- The installation again complies with the current safety standards and guidelines;
- Buying and selling used cranes;
- The supply of parts for old(er) and new crane installations of all types and brands;
- Providing advice and consultancy in the field of hoisting equipment and cranes.
Overhaul boom hinge point
To enable the dismantling of the boom hinge, Nedcranes first mounted auxiliary structures to fix the boom axially and radially. The old retaining blocks of the girder and boom have been removed and the old axles were disassembled. After boring the retaining rings, the bronze bush could be dismantled from the boom hinge and the measuring for the new parts could start. Subsequently, the boom has been adjusted with the use of jacks and the new hinge shafts and bronze bushes were mounted.
Replacing the locking pieces of the rails
After the disassembly of the worn out locking pieces of the rails, the new locking pieces could be mounted. After testing and shape grinding of the transitions, the installation was ready for operation again.